Here are some organizations I work with:
- New Perennials Publishing. Open-access work on social and ecological issues.
- Ecosphere Studies. A new approach to ecological education.
- New Perennials Project. Education and analysis on agricultural and community transformation.
- The Land Institute. Sustainable agriculture research.
Here are some organizations whose work I support:
- Land Stewardship Project. Sustainable agriculture policy and practice.
- The Berry Center. Sustainable rural economies and communities.
- Urban Roots. Urban agriculture for youth.
- Culture Reframed. Challenging the pornographic culture.
Here are some people whose work I admire:
- Singer/songwriter Eliza Gilkyson, here performing "Hard Times in Babylon" during her Austin City Limits show.
- Journalist Sonali Kolhatkar, host of Rising Up with Sonali.
- Writer Raj Patel. Reporting and analysis on the global food system.
- Writer Tom Philpott. Mother Jones food and ag correspondent.
And special notice of two extraordinary writers from the last half of the 20th century in the United States: